So, you have some surplus assets to dispose of. If this is the first time you’ve considered using a sales agent, or not, now would be a good time to ask yourself what you are looking for in, and from, a sales agent?
You see, let’s be honest, some of what we do you could do yourself, but you simply do not have the time, resources or expertise to do it as effectively as we can. There are other aspects of our work that you cannot do – like professionally image your surplus assets so that you best present them to the market, upload lots to the major online auction houses, put in an effective confidentiality barrier …
Here are some things it might be worthwhile you thinking about…
- The professionalism, flexibility and trustworthiness of your appointed agent – how they conduct themselves is a reflection of your brand
- The quality of their presentation of your assets
- Worldwide reach – this used to be optional, nowadays this is vital
- Costs – some agents charge as much as 40% of the sales price! What are you getting for your money?
- Confidentiality and protection of your intellectual property
- Management of employee relations
- When we sell your assets, if the proceeds come to us, we put them into a client bank account – similar to that which lawyers operate – keeping your money separately from ours. Not all agents do this, but we believe this is very important. Here’s evidence of this from our bank.
For an assignment to be a success the sales agent must become part of your team, what they do and how they do it must reflect everything that’s important to you. You see, no longer is it enough to simply upload your lots to an online auction house and trust to luck – the work done outside of the offline auction environment is vitally important. Every assignment is unique, there is no place for a one size fits all solution.
The following banner sets out a typical client journey…