If you’ve never bid in or bought through an internet auction before, you’ll be surprised just how easy it is both to register and to bid! This really is the best way nowadays to source quality used plant, to access the internal used plant market!
Here’s how to register…
- Go to the Bidspotter home page – https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb
- At the top right hand corner of that page, click on the button ‘Register’. That will take you to another page entitled…
- ‘Create your Bidspotter Account’. Carefully type your email address in the relevant box, then choose a memorable password and input it first in the password box, and then again in the confirmation box. You’ll then be given a choice…
- .. as to whether you want emails coming out to you to tell you what’s coming up to be tailored to your specific needs. Then …
- Once you’ve read the terms and conditions and privacy terms, click on ‘Create my account’.
- You will then see a little wheel turning, telling you that their machine is thinking. After a little while you will be taken to a page that says that you’ve been sent an email.
- Open up your emails, this may mean you have to open up another tab in your browser. It might take ten minutes for the email to come through. Click on the link in that email, or paste it into your browser.
- You will then be taken back to the Bidspotter website, and you can start looking at lots.
- As and when you want to bid, there are a few more small steps you will need to go through. Say you have clicked on an item and want to bid. You will now have to add a few more details about yourself such as your address, vat number, and a credit/debit card number. During the process you will also be asked for a phone number – if possible choose a mobile that you have by your side – Bidspotter will send you a text with a number that you will have to type into the Bidspotter page.
- With most other auctioneers you’re now ready to bid. But not so with us. You see it is our policy to vet everyone who applies to register in our auctions. We will investigate the standing of your company and, if you’ve used Bidspotter before whether you have completed on your past bids, and approve you if we are happy with the results of our checks. If you have registered in a personal capacity, if your company is newly incorporated or your credit rating not strong, we will call you to chat your application over. Do not feel bad about this, it’s not about you, we are merely protecting our client. Either way once we are happy, we will email or call you to tell you you have been approved to bid.
And that’s it! Pretty simple as long as you have all the information you need at hand. But it does take a little time so don’t leave it until the day the auction closes! If you have any problems, call me on my mobile 07813 102014.
Bidspotter have on their website some help pages that you might find of use. This is the main one. And their people are very friendly and helpful, you can always use the chat facility on the site, email them (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give them a call if you have any difficulties – on 0203 725 5553.
All the best with your bidding!